What is the cost of Dental Implants? Yes, this is the question that many of them may be asking the dentist who is willing to undergo dental implant treatment.
Even those who are thinking to opt for dental implants cannot undergo it because they lack the knowledge of its price.
But you don’t need to be worry from now. Because today I’ll clear all those doubts regarding the price of dental implants. So even if you are confused about the dental implants cost, you can refer to or read this article.
We’ll start with the dental implants procedure, types, advantages, disadvantages, and then we’ll move to the price so that it’ll be easy for you to know the best kind of treatment for your teeth.
What is a dental implant procedure?
Dental Implant is a procedure in which dental implants are used instead of the natural tooth roots, or else we can better say that the missing tooth is replaced with the artificial tooth.
In the dental implant procedure, the missing teeth are replaced by an implant made up of a metal named titanium, and at last, the dentists place a crown on the top of the dental implant to make the implant last longer. An average dental implant can last up to 10-15 years and more up to life long if the best care is taken. If you want to make the dental implants last for long, you have to replace the crowns every 10-15 years.
What are the two types of dental implants?
Dental implants can be categorized into two types based on their functioning. They are,
- Endosteal dental implants.
- Subperiosteal dental implants.
Endosteal dental implants are made up of safe metals such as titanium, and it is a very common type of implant used by many of them. These implants have small screws which are inserted in the jaw bone instead of tooth roots.
Subperiosteal implants are the other types of dental implants used mainly for those with less bone density. In this type of dental implant, the dental implant is placed on the gums rather than inserting or drilling it in the jaw bone.
So these are the two different types of dental implants. You can choose any of the types based on your oral health condition.
List out some of the different advantages of dental implants?
Some of the advantages of dental implants are;
- They look as if they are natural teeth. They won’t make you feel that you have something separate in your mouth. They get blends with your tooth quickly.
- They provide durability. Unlike other teeth replacements, they won’t get damaged soon and last longer, and provide durability compared to other dental procedures.
- They are easy to take care of. You don’t need to do something else to take care of it well. Even the regular maintenance required for your teeth is enough to maintain your dental implants well.
- The dental implant is a permanent solution for your teeth. It is because once you have done a dental implant for your teeth, it can even last life longer with proper care.
List out some of the disadvantages of dental implants?
Some of the disadvantages of dental implants are:
- The major disadvantage of the dental implant is that it is costly than other types of dental procedures like dentures and dental bridges. Not for all but for some people, the dental implant may be quite difficult to afford.
- People who have less bone density are not capable of carrying dental implants. So the dental implant cannot be done for people with less jaw bone density.
- Dental Implants do not have a 100% guarantee. Dental Implants can fail due to various reasons such as lack of experience of the dental surgeon, less bone density, and more. So before undergoing dental implants, it is recommended to visit the best dental clinics in Chennai or near you. to get proper dental advice.
- Dental Implants take a long time to heal. It is a fact that dental implants take a longer time to heal. It is because dental implants are a surgical procedure that is complicated when compared to other dental procedures.
So these were some of the disadvantages of dental implants. Before considering the dental implants, you have to note the complications to avoid further complications caused by the dental implants.
What is the average cost of dental implants in Chennai?
The average cost of dental implants in Chennai is around 20,000-50,000. It is only the cost of the implant, and the dental crown has separate charges. And the dental implants also contain insurance costs separately.
Apart from this, many factors determine the dental implant costs like the experience of the doctors, quality of the dental implants, facilities provided by the dental clinic, and more.
Frequently Asked Question about the Cost of Dental Implants in Chennai:
Does the food get under the dental implant?
Even though the dental implants are artificial, tooth food doesn’t get under the dental implants. The dental implants are fixed into the jaw bone and don’t seem to look like an artificial tooth.
Who is not suitable for dental implants?
Dental implants are not suitable for people addicted to certain medications such as steroids, drugs, and people who have the habit of grinding and clinging their teeth are not ideal for dental implants.
Which is the best dental clinic to have the dental implant treatment?
You can visit the best dental treatment near you or in Chennai to have the best dental treatment.
I hope that the article is a helpful one. If you have any queries, you can ask us, and we’ll be there to answer you as soon as possible. So see you shortly with the following article.