One of the three questions that arise before creating a blog is precisely what type of web hosting is suitable for your project. In this article, you will find the information you need to answer that question and you will learn more about the usefulness of web hosting. You will also know about the best website hosting in Vancouver. Before proceeding you must know about:
What is website hosting?
This analogy will help you better understand the concept: think about the way you store your files and folders on your computer’s hard drive so that you can easily access them. Now, a website (which is nothing more than a set of files in HTML format) is also a file that needs to be stored, however, unlike a common file, it must be hosted on a computer with higher bandwidth powerful than a domestic connection and that it is also always on so that you can access it 365 days a year and 24 hours a day.
These types of machines are called web servers or web servers: the backbone of hosting services. Hosting or web storage is a service that consists of renting a web server to host your blog or your website and that is always active and available throughout the world through the internet, although the most common use of website hosting in Vancouver is to host blogs and websites, this service can also be used as:
- File server : to allow downloading of files in all formats.
- Streaming server : to transmit content via streaming directly from the servers.
- Virtual drives or disks – to host static content or large files that are not websites.
It is worth mentioning that all companies that offer web hosting services to store their clients’ websites have their own servers located in a Data Processing Center (DPC), which provides significant savings in terms of physical infrastructures. A data center has state-of-the-art security systems, as well as various perpetual and protected internet connections to avoid service failures, while servers have an advanced cooling system and are protected against power outages.
Other website hosting services in Vancouver
In addition to basic storage services, We provide website hosting in Vancouver that can be useful for your business:
- Access via FTP ( File Transfer Protocol or File Transfer Protocol in Spanish) to administer, download and manage files.
- Hosting of web applications compatible with HTML and PHP.
- Databases in MySQL (the most popular open source database in the world), an essential element for the creation of blogs, discussion forums, teaching platforms, online stores, miscellaneous web pages, among many more.
- SSL ( Secure Sockets Layer ) security certificates: to show visitors or users that your website is safe to navigate and leave their personal data or make purchases on it, it is necessary to have a certificate of this type. Recently Google rated HTTP sites as unsafe, so having this certificate is crucial.
And they offer more resources:
- Creation of virtual disks: through which you can create storage in the cloud (in the style of Dropbox) with the web hosting service of your choice.
- SEO tools: to grow organic traffic and position your page in the first search results.
- Domain registration and transfer: the domain (made up of a name and the extension) is the name with which your site is identified; It is important to register and renew it every year to prevent it from being used by another site. Your hosting service provider also helps you transfer your existing domain from them to another provider or vice versa.
- Email server: to get email accounts with your domain name that will give you a more professional image. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org is not the same as email@example.com
Types of web hosting
The type of website hosting in Vancouver you need is related to the type of website you want to create. Thus, if your plan is to develop a personal blog, it is best to use a free and basic hosting plan (such as WordPress). If your site is an online store or a website to offer information about your business, you need to consider hiring a professional hosting service. These are the types of hosting:
We provide shared website hosting in Vancouver. This hosting plan gives you space on a server where there are several users. It is important to mention that each one maintains an exclusive and private space, however, by sharing the resources of the same server, the load of some sites can affect the load of all the pages hosted on the server. Depending on the plan and provider you select, you can have several sites hosted on the same hosting. It is the most recommended option for blogs or small businesses since it is usually the cheapest or even free.
Virtual server VPS (Virtual Private Server)
It is a physical server divided into multiple independent virtual machines. In this way, web hosting is offered on a virtual private server. Thus, the price is considerably lower than if a physical server is requested. This type of hosting offers more power and flexibility, so you can control the resources according to your needs.
It is a specialized server that guarantees the perfect operation and security of the CMS ( Content Management System or Content Management System ) most used in the world: WordPress. Thus, with this type of web hosting you can forget about the technical problems of hosting so you can dedicate yourself fully to the content of your page.
In short, it can be defined as a server with exclusive use for a single client. Therefore, it has absolute autonomy over the resources of the server, from the bandwidth to the hard disk space. This type of web hosting is crucial for sites with a high monthly traffic.
This type of web hosting combines some of the best elements of the previously presented types of web hosting, as it combines the easy-to-use control panel, the shortest learning curve of shared hosting, with the dedicated resources, power and performance of the Virtual Private Server (SVP) – In short, it offers more power with less clutter. This is another option for high traffic or e-commerce sites.